Platform Media’s UGC Creator Program
UGC, which stands for ‘User-Generated Content’ has gained momentum and popularity among marketers when it comes to planning social media brand campaigns. But exactly what is UGC and why is it important to incorporate it into your marketing strategy?
UGC is brand-specific content, produced by social media users in various formats including images and videos where they authentically review or feature products without being paid to do so (similar to earned media). In the past, brands would then organically re-post this content to their own social media, oftentimes without the permission of the creator.
In 2023, UGC is shifting in a way that not only benefits the creator but the brand. Brands are hiring UGC creators to create content that will be featured on the brand’s owned social media channels that possess the look and feel of authentic content in order to establish trust and credibility with potential customers and to increase social media engagement. Brands hire freelance UGC content creators to produce engaging videos and photos that will live on the brand’s social media channels instead of hiring an in-house production team.
What are the benefits of UGC?
- Authentic and relatable content that performs well
- Creators know how to connect with their followers and are on top of the latest trends
- Creators can create content efficiently without having to hire an in-house production team
- Populate your brand’s feed with engaging and high-quality video and photography content on TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat, and Pinterest
Platform’s UGC offering promises a sweet spot between having control and ensuring the content is still relatable. Here’s how you can work with us:
- Select from a curated group of professional and diverse content creators
- Choose your content by spec, for example: “five 15 sec videos per month, for six months”
- Receive quality creator content that consumers trust
With the growing popularity of UGC, you may find that there are websites that are offering content rates as low as $50-100. While this strategy is not supported by the creator community and can lead to a scandal for underpaying contractors. Platform’s rates reflect standard industry rates and the quality of creators we work with.
Platform Recommends Best Practices:
- Give the creators time to fall in love with the product you wish for them to create content for. Posts go viral when viewers can tell that the creator is genuinely enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the product.
- Sharing where the content will be posted allows the creator to adapt their filming/shooting style so the content can perform to the best of its ability.
- Create a long-term relationship with the creator to generate a face and style familiarity with your audience and they can anticipate future content from them.
- Plan ahead by knowing what time of year the content will be posted and the key messaging you want to be associated with it.